When you boil it down, football for 99.99% of us is a source of entertainment, but for the other 0.01%, the game is about making as much as humanly possible.
#thfc The club have moved up from tenth to eighth in the Deloitte Football money league with revenue of £459.3m, while Arsenal have fallen from ninth to 11th after a second consecutive season without Champions League football. We are now the top ranked London side. pic.twitter.com/JOl4wuqERn
— Lilywhite Rose (@Lilywhite_Rose) January 14, 2020
And Daniel Levy is achieving just that with Tottenham, with the latest rankings of the annual Deloitte Football Money League via The Evening Standard showing that Spurs have now become the most valuable club in all of London, beating out the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea in the English capital following a year that saw the north London side’s revenue grow but 21%.
Middlesbrough - Attempt Number Two!
2019 was a massive year financially for Spurs which saw the club move into their new 61,000-seat stadium as well as make the Champions League final, yet lots of Tottenham fans on social media weren’t convinced by the latest report given how little Jose Mourinho’s side will seemingly spend on new players this month.
This is what some Tottenham fans had to say on Twitter about the Deloitte report…
And still no money for transfers
— BockingSpurs (@KevinBo73301179) January 14, 2020
Yet still penny pinch, ENIC OUT
— Dave Coshell (@dcoshell) January 14, 2020
Makes our transfer policy even more embarrassing…..
— Jack Law (@CustardCreamz) January 14, 2020
Yet we only have one striker
— Harry C (@HazSpur92) January 14, 2020
— Paul Ferguson (@Fergz16) January 14, 2020
Because we never spend any money on quality players .
— hodd the God (@manyen10) January 14, 2020
As well as being more valuable than their London rivals, Tottenham are also worth more than the likes of European giants Juventus, Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid.